Do you like analysing complex security issues?
This security lab is an ambitious organization specializing in embedded security testing for leading international clients from the semiconductor, payment, Pay TV, mobile and smart metering industry. They have engaging projects, an open office environment, and they are looking for self-motivated individuals who would like to carve out their niche in our growing company.
They are also looking for analysts focused on Security IC and software security.
What is my role as Hardware Security Analyst
- The organization evaluates the security of products that use embedded and smart card technologies, usually in teams of 2-4 security analysts. The main activities of the evaluation process include analysing threats and weaknesses by taking apart a device’s specifications, code or hardware, and then developing the necessary tools to attack the security. Results of this go into a report, and we give recommendations for solving these problems.
- In addition to evaluation work they carry out other projects, including consultancy work, research, tool development, and training. As a state-of-the-art lab, our internal research and development process is a necessity to remain competitive. We record the knowledge we gain during our projects in the knowledge database to ensure it is preserved and shared within the organization.
- Work is mainly done at the office in Delft. Parts of a project may require working at the customer’s premises. Depending on the type of assignment and your level of experience you are in regular contact with a customer’s technical liaison during a project. All communication with our customers is in English.
What skills do I need as a Hardware Security Analyst
- You have successfully completed an academic course in Information Technology or Electrical Engineering.
- You have 0 – 3 year’s work experience
- You are capable of completing security evaluations unassisted; security evaluations on smart card products, secure elements and other embedded devices like; system-on-chip, where test methods such as Fault Injection, Side Channel Analysis, Physical Manipulation, etc. are applied
- You have a creative mind with an eye for detail, and the ambition to drive security forward.
- You have an excellent command of the English language, both verbally and written.
- You have good social skills and you are a pleasant co-worker who likes to collaborate in a multidisciplinary team of security specialists.
- You are flexible, and you enjoy travelling to customers in Europe, North America, or Asia every now and then.