This organization specializes in providing services to the oil and gas industry. The Service Line Pipeline Inspection provides a complete package of services around pipeline inspection. The Service Line Tank Services provides a diverse package of services for storage tanks with a focus on inspection of the tank bottom using inspection robots.
In order to realize the growth of the Technology Center, we are looking for an experienced electronics design engineer who wants to grow further in embedded systems.
You design, implement and test hardware and firmware for (embedded) systems. This typically starts with defining requirements on system & module level where after you create architecture & conceptual design of the onboard electronics. Within the team you design and develop hardware modules (including PCB design, FPGA-code and/or microcontroller-code). Where applicable, you are highly involved in contact with third party suppliers. In addition to design and development, you are involved in drawing up test plans and performing tests. For these tests you create the required test environment (including software). After prototype phase, you are also involved in getting the systems production-ready.
- Analysis of (system / module) requirements and translation into functional requirements and specifications up to the PCB level;
- Circuit design incl. Component selection and Board layout (PCB design);
- Design of FPGA code & microprocessor code;
- Preparation of specifications for subsystems that are outsourced, contact with suppliers;
- Drawing up a test plan, creating a test environment and performing PCB, module & system testing;
- Involved in making the (sub) systems ready for production..
Education, Knowledge and Experience
You have a broad interest in technology and that is shown by education, experience and hobby. You are experienced in PCB design including mixed signal and high speed applications and have specific interest in digital hardware including FPGA, microcontroller and SoC applications. Although you are part of a project team, you are capable of working independently and take responsibility for the tasks within your own discipline. You like to work in an informal environment where the R&D, Engineering and Production environment are still close to each other. Given the nature of the job you are punctual and you work very precisely.
- Completed Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or Embedded System Engineering;
- Min. 5 years’ experience as a electronics design engineer / embedded system engineer;
- Advanced in PCB design (schematic, PCB layout & testing) including boards with mixed signal & high speed routing (like boards having Analog Front End (AFE) and FPGA/uC combined (preferably using Altium PCB design software).
- Advanced in using various common digital interfaces (SPI, I2C, UART, USB, Ethernet, LVDS), both from a PCB routing perspective as from controlling by FPGA/uC;
- Experience with assembly or embedded C for microcontrollers (like ARM Cortex-M);
- Experience with FPGA design using VHDL (Xilinx Vivado Design Suite);
- Knowledge or experience with ARM Cortex-A9 based SoC (like Xilinx Zync) is a plus;
- Knowledge or experience with LabVIEW and/or C / C ++ is a plus;
- Good command of the English language, both spoken and written;
- Location: Tricht, the Netherlands
The offer is:
- A Good salary
- 25 leave days.
- For this role we are looking for a candidate who already lives in The Netherlands. However, the company is a sponsor of Highly Skilled Migrants, so you are of course welcome as a Highly Skilled Migrant if you have a valid Dutch work permit.
- Travel allowance.
- A very good working place, where you can learn a lot and be a serious member of the team and where your creativity and ability to solve complex programming issues will be really appreciated.