Backend Software Engineer
Intero Integrity is a fast-growing global company offering inspection, industrial and environmental services to the energy industry. We develop our own high-tech equipment and software and use this technology to execute projects worldwide. We support the energy industry to use natural resources efficiently, safely and responsibly. Together we get the job done and contribute to a safer and more sustainable world.About our Technology Center
The Technology Center designs and engineers Intero’s high-tech inspection robots, develops the software to operate them and trains our people to use the technology in the field. To support the growth of our Technology Center in the Netherlands, we are looking for an ambitious Backend Software Engineer.
You will become part of a close, diverse and multi-disciplinary team that is hand-on, engaged and result driven. You will be involved in innovative projects from start to finish: defining requirements, executing the design work, working on data visualization, integration and testing, until your software solution is ready for launch! Soon after, it will be used throughout Intero to analyze and visualize inspection data presented to our customers.Responsibilities
- Development of new software applications, libraries and modules, mainly in the back-end, that contribute to further optimization of the storage and processing of inspection data
- Design, implement and execute unit-tests to verify compliance of the implementations to the requirements and architecture
- Optimize performance of potential bottlenecks in existing implementations
- Maintenance on existing production-based applications
- Work in a scrum team together with your colleague developers.
- A bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 1-3 years programming experience in C++ in a technical environment
- Knowledge of and experience with concepts like multithreading and synchronization
- Familiar with module testing in your own work or components
- Experience with CI/CD tooling GitLab, Jenkins, etc.
- Documentation generation tooling (DoxyGen or equivalent)
- Experience with DevOps is a plus.
- Competitive compensation package
- Engaging company culture that encourages teamwork and rewards both team and individual achievement
- Flexible working hours and the ability to work from home for part of the week
- Opportunity to work on software projects from start to finish as part of a great team.