As a Lean Software Engineer you are part of the development tam, with the objective to develop new products as well as improve the existing ones, using the Lean Development Practices. Next to this you will be improving our current market-leading tools. All our tools enable security experts to find vulnerabilities in secured products. The team collaborates with the analysts from the Security Lab and external customers to learn which solutions are most valuable. The close collaboration with users results in products that fulfill a customer need and have short time to market.
The organization is an internationally well-known Security Evaluation Lab. They are specialized in embedded security testing for leading international clients from the semiconductor, payment, Pay TV, mobile and smart metering industry. For this organization we are looking for a Lean Java Software who will work on new software tooling to automatically test the security of embedded software and IoT applications.
Most of the 100 employees have a technical and academic background.
Lean Software Engineer
- You will work in short cycles on experiments, in which ideas are transformed into prototypes
- You work in small teams of developers, creating new solutions for customers, and supporting them for current releases
- You implement code. Additionally, you perform supporting tasks, such as writing, documentation and testing
- The majority of the software is written in Java, with tools like JIRA, Bamboo, Bitbucket, IntelliJ, Eclipse, Maven and Git. Your work includes configuration, maintenance and improvement of these tools and processes. You may also need to develop or maintain parts of scripting-based tools written in Python or C.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics or Mathematics.
- You have experience with Lean development or similar Agile software development practices, software development tools and unassisted software development and implementation.
- You love advanced technology and have a drive to understand and improve products. You enjoy hunting for bugs, and you can fix issues efficiently. Customer satisfaction is a key motivator in your daily work.
- You have affinity with the field of software security. You are familiar with cryptography and attack techniques. You feel comfortable with the hacking mentality that is used in security evaluation projects and the strong demand for flexibility in the software tools.