For this international organization, head-office based in The Hague, The Netherlands, we are looking for an Operations Manager. The company is an advanced player in the field of security of smart (embedded) devices.
With the continuously growing team in this high-tech field, and to realize continued success and further maturing the operation of the Knowledge and Services business unit, the need for the Operation Manager has arisen.
Your job of Operations Manager
You have the end responsibility for the global operations of the Knowledge and Services unit, which includes a team of more than 60 experts and 8 project managers, spread over our three locations. The Operations Manager leads the continued growth of the business, by embedding the unique and fun culture into scalable structures.
In this role you represent the operations functions in the unit MT and report to the management board. You are based in Delft, where the majority of the team is located.
The Operations Manager is responsible for both the performance of the global day-to-day operation and for realizing long term strategy. The responsibilities include:
- Achieve performance objectives, incl. customer satisfaction, employee happiness, financial results of the unit
- Develop and realize the operational unit strategy plans (testing, certification and (on-line) training) through:
- developing operational competencies
- organizational development
- technical capability building
- Organize in a structural way, for efficient and well-functioning:
- recruitment and talent & knowledge development
- knowledge embedding in the organization
- enabling performance of business teams (per market segment)
- enabling expert contribution to R&D projects
- monitoring and controls
- a learning culture, continuous improvement
- fostering a motivating culture
- Global alignment across the three lab operations, including compliance with applicable standards and schemes
- Lead the business unit, as part of the unit MT
You like to shift between strategic progress and day-to-day operations. As a facilitator, you enable the global operations team to grow and succeed. You achieve performance results and sustained success in a great working environment.
Your experience and skills include:
- 10 years’ experience in operational and management roles within a customer facing people-services business
- Connecting well with both the technical experts, the operations team and the MT
- Responsibility for revenue and business performance
- Proven ability to build and improve operational processes
- Business acumen, connecting strategy to day-to-day operations
- Academic education
- English (written and spoken)
- Commitment and a pro-active attitude
Working in an ambitious, informal and successful organization in the Cybersecurity Sector with around 150 employees.