This client situated in Eindhoven, incorporates the European Advanced Research Lab and Corporate Development activities for the international organization.. She is a China-based technology company who is leading the way to become the “Digital Brain of Intelligent Driving” with core businesses in HD map, high accuracy positioning and automotive-grade semiconductors for ADAS and autonomous driving.
Founded in 2002, the company is the market leader in navigation map, dynamic traffic information, navigation software development and state-of-the-art customized telematics solutions to both passenger and commercial vehicles.
Now, she is ushering in the age of autonomous driving with a comprehensive technology development strategy and laying the foundation to become one of the most trustworthy autonomous driving solution providers in the China market and beyond.
For the organization we are looking for a Strategical Business Developer
In this role you will be responsible for scouting the right companies, which bring in added value and increase the market value of the company from financial and/or technical point-of-view. The possible outcomes of are either licensing specific technology IP, forming partnerships or joint ventures, or initiating mergers and acquisition projects (M&A).
The projects don't just magically happen. Rather, they are often a culmination of business development/partnership/vendor-customer relationships where fit is tested first, products are reviewed, PoCs are done in order to de-risk the outcomes of CorpDev.
The Strategic Business Developer will be responsible for a specific thematic area. Some areas which are currently being executed involve semiconductor market, autonomous driving, AI, vision, and mapping related topics.
- Aligning with BUs and strategy team on their requirements & challenges, in iterative steps
- Define SMART goals
- Setting up a roadmap for a specific thematic area
- If required, hire external advice & consultancy (e.g. semiconductors)
- If required, hire services of Advanced Research Lab or BUs for PoCs or technical analysis
- Market scanning
- Networking with external parties
- Supporting and executing due diligence in case of M&A:
- Technical (70%)
- Legal (10%)
- Financial (20%)
- Act as project owner, stakeholder, and as project manager from cradle to the grave
- Internally “selling the idea”
- Documenting & sharing knowledge in Confluence and using other communication channels.
- Minimum Masters’ degree (preferred in technical or quantitative fields e.g. Computer Science, Telecommunications, Econometrics)
- Strong understanding & interest in the areas of AI, autonomous driving, big dataanalytics, smart cities, IoT, and/or cybersecurity
- At least 8 years of professional experience (consulting or new technologies preferred)
- Practical knowledge of one or more of the following technologies and solutions: AI Machine Learning, AI Predictive Models, Cognitive Computing, PaaS, Data Ownership, IoT, Smart Cities, Smart Mobility
- Able to think out of the box
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong understanding & interest of industry trends and standard & emerging technology solutions
- Proven ability to thrive in a work environment that is international, multi-cultural, competitive & challenging
- Positive attitude, creativity & strong interest to solve complex client challenges encompassing technology and business
- Structured and result-oriented. Hard worker, highly motivated to learn, execute, deliver and be accountable for results.
- Follow up regularly and maintain momentum with counterparties. Equip yourself with all required documents, tools, and methods to move the audience.
- Technically Proficient. Motivated to learn more about company technology and products at more than a surface level. Never gives the answer “you’ll need to talk to the technical team for that” more than once for a topic. Becomes a technical expert on any relevant area needed, and able to proficiently describe technical concepts to internal stakeholders.
- Excellent written, presentation, and project management skills.
- Highly proficient in English and German - written and spoken.
- Willingness and ability to travel occasionally within Europe or to China.