Security Analyst Cryptography
This famous security lab is an ambitious organization specializing in embedded security testing for leading international clients from the semiconductor, payment, Pay TV, mobile and smart metering industry. She is one of the world’s most advanced players in the field of side channel attacks and embedded technology evaluation
The company has engaging projects, an open office environment, and they are looking for self-motivated individuals who would like to embrace the opportunity to drive security forward in our growing company
What is my role?
- The organization evaluates the security of products that use embedded and smart card technologies, usually in teams of 2-4 security analysts. The main activities of the evaluation process include analysing threats and weaknesses by taking apart a device’s specifications, code or hardware, and then developing the necessary tools to attack the security. Results of this go into a report, and we give recommendations for solving these problems.
- In addition to evaluation work they carry out other projects, including consultancy work, research, tool development, and training. As a state-of-the-art lab, our internal research and development process is a necessity to remain competitive. We record the knowledge we gain during our projects in the knowledge database to ensure it is preserved and shared within the organization.
- Work is mainly done at the office in Delft. Parts of a project may require working at the customer’s premises. Depending on the type of assignment and your level of experience you are in regular contact with a customer’s technical liaison during a project. All communication with our customers is in English.
What skills do I need
- You have successfully completed an academic course in Mathematics, Information Technology or Electrical Engineering
- You don’t mind getting your hands dirty: the core of our work is digging deep into the technical details of both hardware and software of devices.
- You have knowledge of cryptographic primitives such as: block ciphers, hash functions and public key crypto algorithms. Knowledge on post-quantum crypto gives you bonus points.
- You have experience in writing or reviewing hardware or software implementations of cryptographic primitives in embedded devices.
- You have experience in signal processing.
- You can “find the odd one out” in challenging circumstances.
- You have a natural curiosity to figure out how things work under the hood.
- You have 0 to 10 years work experience.
- You are capable of completing security evaluations unassisted.
- You have an excellent command of the English language, both verbally and written.
- You have good social skills and you are a pleasant co-worker who likes to collaborate in a multidisciplinary team of security specialists.
- You are flexible, and you enjoy travelling to customers in Europe, North America, or Asia every now and the