This organisation specializes in providing services to the oil and gas industry. The Service Line Pipeline Inspection provides a complete package of services around pipeline inspection. The Service Line Tank Services provides a diverse package of services for storage tanks with a focus on inspection of the tank bottom using inspection robots.
The Technology Center is responsible for:
• Development of new inspection technologies;
• Design and engineering of high-tech inspection equipment and associated procedures and training;
• Development and maintenance of software for new and existing inspection equipment;
• Production of equipment and support to the operational units;
In order to realize the growth of the Technology Center, we are looking for various enthusiastic embedded system engineer. You’ll come to work in a multidisciplinary team at the R&D Department on the development of digital and analogue electronics for high-tech inspection applications. The Technology Center is housed in the head office near Tiel.
You design, implement and test hardware and firmware for (embedded) systems, which are characterized by a mix of sensors, analog front-end and fast digital techniques and software. You are responsible within a team for defining, designing, preparing and realizing prototypes and then making the systems production-ready. You report to the R&D Manager.
- Involved in the process to define wishes and requirements;
- Analysis of requirements and translation into functional requirements and specifications;
- Design of system architecture, choice of technology, subsystems and components;
- Design of hardware modules (PCB, FPGA code & microprocessor code);
- Preparation of specifications for subsystems that are outsourced, contact with suppliers;
- Drawing up a test plan, creating a test environment and performing module & system tests;
- Involved in making the (sub) systems ready for production;
You have a broad interest in technology and that is shown by education, experience and hobby. You have specific interest in digital hardware and firmware. You like to work independently within a project team in an informal environment where the R & D, Engineering and Production environment are still close to each other.
- Completed Bachelor education in Electrical Engineering or Embedded System Engineering;
- Min. 3 year’s experience as a hardware engineer / embedded system engineer;
- Experience in PCB design preferably using Altium PCB design software
- Experience with CPLD and FPGA design through Xilinx and Altera tools, a good knowledge of VHDL;
- Experience with micro controllers
- Experience with various digital interfaces (I2C/SPI, UART, SATA, USB, Ethernet, LVDS, GPIF/GPIO);
- Experience with high speed system design using FPGAs and Ethernet is a plus;
- Experience with multi-channel ADC /AFE design is a plus;
- Experience with high speed system design is a plus;
- Experience in LabVIEW and / or C / C ++ is a plus;
- Good command of the English language, both spoken and written;
The offer is:
- A Good salary
- 25 leave days. As long as you'll promise to come back.
- For this role we are looking for a candidate who already lives in The Netherlands. However, the company is a sponsor of Highly Skilled Migrants, so you are of course welcome as a Highly Skilled Migrant if you have a valid Dutch work permit.
- Travel allowance.
- A very good working place, where you can learn a lot and be a serious member of the team and where your creativity and ability to solve complex programming issues will be really appreciated.