Lead Data Scientist
This organization specializes in providing services to the oil and gas industry. The Service Line Pipeline Inspection provides a complete package of services around pipeline inspection. The Service Line Tank Services provides a diverse package of services for storage tanks with a focus on inspection of the tank bottom using inspection robots.
In order to realize the growth of the Technology Center, based near Tiel, we are looking for various enthusiastic professionals. You work in a multidisciplinary environment in which you share information and ideas and work together on a technical solution.
Lead Data Scientist
Job description: Within the organization, they are dealing with big data. The Lead Data Scientist will work on the interface between software engineering, R&D and the Data Analysts. You will contribute to the development of algorithms and software components for new inspection systems and software for post-inspection, data processing, analysis and reporting.
You will work in a small team on the development of methodologies and technologies for the processing and analysis of inspection data. The focus is on optimizing and automation of data processing to visualize and analyze the data. This will be done aligned with the business process, further improvements of our data processing automation roadmap and executing the roadmap.
This requires a multi-disciplinary approach where your specialist know-how on signal processing, computer graphics, image processing and artificial intelligence will be utilized to deliver solutions. You will be supported by other scientific software engineers.
The solutions can be implemented in various ways: Embedded (FPGA), server-side or desktop application, depending on your judgment driven by efficiency and feasibility.
Tasks / responsibilities:
- Owner of the Data Processing Automation Roadmap (responsible for implementation and continuous improvement)
- Translation of the roadmap towards project-deliverable work packages
- Guiding and coaching of the other software scientists.
- Delivery of algorithms, demonstrator applications and software components for implementation by the Software Development Team
The following preliminary training and required experience:
- A university (Master) degree in Computer Science and Engineering, Data Science and Technology, Data Science in Engineering, Applied Mathematics or Applied Physics
- In-depth knowledge of at least one of the following domains: signal processing, computer graphics, image processing and artificial intelligence
- Knowledge or interest in Physics, Mathematics and Sensor technology
- In-depth knowledge of Software Engineering
- Good communicative skills in English, both spoken and written
- A technical, professional and challenging work environment
- Witness your vision being materialized and implemented in an operational environment
- For this role we are looking for a candidate who already lives in The Netherlands. However, the company is a sponsor of Highly Skilled Migrants, so you are of course welcome as a Highly Skilled Migrant if you have a valid Dutch work permit.
- Market-compliant employment conditions
- Possibilities for profession-orientated -oriented studies and certification