This organization specializes in providing services to the oil and gas industry. The Service Line Pipeline Inspection provides a complete package of services around pipeline inspection. The Service Line Tank Services provides a diverse package of services for storage tanks with a focus on inspection of the tank bottom using inspection robots.
The Technology Center is responsible for:
• Development of new inspection technologies;
• Design and engineering of high-tech inspection equipment and associated procedures and training;
• Development and maintenance of software for new and existing inspection equipment;
• Production of equipment and support to the operational units;
In order to realize the growth of the Technology Center, we are looking for a Software Engineer with a thorough knowledge of mathematics and applied physics
You work on the cutting edge of software engineering and R & D on the development of software for new ones inspection equipment and software for data processing, data analysis and reporting. You work in a small team to develop methods and techniques for processing and analyzing of inspection data. The focus here is on optimizing and automating data processing to come to visualization and analysis of this data. The realized software is characterized by a high-performance environment with the ability to analyze very large amounts of data.
This often requires a multidisciplinary approach in which you further specialize in signal processing, computer graphics, image processing and artificial intelligence to come to solutions. In many cases you will demonstrating effectiveness through a small application or a specific partial solution. You work together with the R & D team, the Software Development team and the Data Analysis department. You are involved in testing and validation of proposed solutions before they are implemented.
The actual solutions can be realized in different development environments, this happens in dialogue with the Software Development team. You are also involved in the implementation by the Software team and support to the users when it comes to improving existing algorithms.
You have a broad interest in technology and like technical challenges. You can be abstract translate issues into practical solutions. You use your creativity in combination with you extensive knowledge of physics, mathematics and digital signal processing.
- University degree BSc Computer Science and Engineering, preferably followed by a Master with a specialization Data Science & Technology of Data Science in Engineering;
- BSc in Applied Mathematics or Applied Physics with demonstrable knowledge of software engineering becomes also seen as appropriate;
- Thorough knowledge of physics and mathematics;
- Thorough knowledge of software engineering;
- Preferably 1-year experience with C ++ and / or LabVIEW;
- Knowledge and experience with MATLAB / Python are an advantage;
- Analytical and punctual;
- Good communication skills;
- A good command of the English language, both spoken and written.
The offer is:
- A Good salary
- 25 leave days. As long as you'll promise to come back.
- For this role we are looking for a candidate who already lives in The Netherlands. However, the company is a sponsor of Highly Skilled Migrants, so you are of course welcome as a Highly Skilled Migrant if you have a valid Dutch work permit.
- Travel allowance.
- A very good working place, where you can learn a lot and be a serious member of the team and where your creativity and ability to solve complex programming issues will be really appreciated.