At this client, data is at the core of everything they do. Moving it, accelerating it, securing it. And their mission is to make it faster, safer and smarter.
The organization is a diversified technology company, specializing in the performance and protection of data. From IP cores and chips, to IoT security services, to smart transit and mobile payment software, their portfolio of products positively impacts the modern world. Dedicated to serving the demanding applications from the data center to the mobile edge, otheir core divisions combine to offer a broad suite of solutions that span memory and interfaces, security, and emerging technologies.
The Senior System Administrator will be the global windows servers, virtualization and datacenter expert within the company and must work with existing system/storage administrators, technical leads, network support, application analysts/developers/architects, and other IT personnel to resolve day-to-day issues and to plan upgrades and other projects. Teamwork, ability to delegate work to less senior personnel, and being flexible to changes to the business are essential to be successful in this role. Datacenters and co-locations are currently located in Sunnyvale, Sacramento, India, Ohio, North Carolina, and Japan.
- Manage and maintain windows servers, support monitoring & applications, etc.
- Manage and maintain virtualization infrastructure globally, including configuration, performance, capacity, monitoring, provisioning, life cycle, security, etc.
- Support Dev/Ops environment (windows and virtualization)
- Partner with cross functional teams of IT and vendors to design and deploy virtualization infrastructure solution based on the project requirements
- Manage and maintain VDI (primarily Citrix) environment
- Manage Server group policies
- Manage existing datacenter/co-location components such as KVM, terminal server and Consoles etc.
- Build new and move datacenters as needed
- Perform root cause analysis to resolve issues quickly in a complex IT environment
- Ensure high availability and security by updating and patching systems
- Evaluate, pilot, implement, integrate, and roll-out new solutions into existing data center environments
- Follow policies and procedures including those for ITIL incident, problem, change, and release management
- Drive process improvements and make recommendations for continuous service improvement
- Identify key risks on the technical design and work with involved teams to mitigate
- Contribute to infrastructure technology strategies by staying up-to-date on industry trends and best practices
- Provide budgeting input and create purchase requests for projects, maintenance, capital, and expenses
- Train team, global service desk Level 2 members, and users as needed. Hand over repetitive/operational tasks to Level 2
- Strong working knowledge of Windows server administration
- Strong working knowledge of VMware ESX environment, Citrix VDI and HP/Cisco blade infrastructure
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft SCCM
- Strong working knowledge of security and system best practices
- Strong working knowledge of storage and networking concepts
- Ability and experience with building highly available, robust, manageable, and secure solutions
- Strong knowledge of applications architecture components
- Experience in building datacenters from scratch
- Organized and being detail oriented with high initiative
- Strong communication skills (written and presentations)
- Must be able to work well with others
- Strong project management and time management skills
- Experience in a heterogeneous environment (including Linux)
- Ability to work in a fast paced multi-tasking environment with flexibility and a positive attitude
- Ability to travel to other locations (both domestic and international) as needed, sometimes on short notice.
- BS or MS preferred in MIS, Computer Science, or related field required
- 3 or more years working with virtual enterprise infrastructure (VMware ESX, Virtual Center, SRM, Citrix, blades, storage, network/fiber channel switches, virtualization management tools, etc.)
- 5 or more years working as Windows system administration
- VMware and Microsoft certifications are desirable